I love smoothies and this Strawberry Banana Oat Smoothie makes me think breakfast in a glass. 🙂
Happy Saturday to all…I just love week-ends, don’t you? …and this is a good way to start your day. 😉
I’ve made this smoothie literally hundreds of times since I first found the recipe a couple years ago.
It has just the right amount of sweetness, and it’s thick and filling with the strawberries and oatmeal.
The secret to keeping it smooth ….is to process the oats first in your blender.
I like the oats to be a powder consistency, then I add the milk, and just a few strawberries at a time (some strawberries are huge) instead of counting them.
Also, make sure either the banana or the strawberries are frozen as this makes for a thicker smoothie.
There are so many smoothies out there these days…many are green (which is a good thing) but sometimes I just like a fruit Smoothie and adding the oats makes it a meal! 😉
Have a great week-end and keep smiling….it will make everyone wonder what you are up to! 🙂
- 1 cup soy milk (or you can use skim or whole milk)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana, broken into chunks
- 14 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Place the oats in the blender first.... to process as it makes the smoothie much smoother.
- Add soy milk, oats, banana and strawberries.
- Add vanilla
- Blend until smooth.
- If I don't have frozen strawberries I make sure the banana is frozen.. one of them has to be to keep a nice thick consistency.
- Try substituting half the strawberries with peaches...yummy!.
- You may also add a small amount of sugar, but I don't feel it is necessary.