How about serving a Baked Spaghetti Casserole for a quick week night meal? Add a garden salad and crusty french garlic bread and you have a meal ready in 30 minutes.
Try this recipe and let me know your thoughts.
The Captain loves it and so do I…
- 1 lb browned and seasoned ground Beef (Italian sausage can be substituted)
- 1/2 medium finely diced onion
- 3/4 lb.spaghetti, cooked
- 1 jar (approx 15 oz) of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large sauce pan, brown the ground beef and onion until no longer pink.
- Simmer meat and tomato sauce together.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in salted water to cover ...until the spaghetti is al dente (not quite cooked)
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the meat and sauce
- Spray a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Spoon half of the meat/spaghetti noodle mixture into the dish.
- Pack it down lightly and sprinkle on half of the cheese.
- Add the other half of the spaghetti, pack down lightly and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with a green salad and crusty garlic bread.
- Quick and easy and you can either make your own spaghetti sauce or buy your favorite brand. I really love the crusty sides and lightly browned cheese on top of this casserole. Yummy