New Mexico Ham and Swiss bundles…Say What?
I hear ya friends…Ham and Swiss bundles with broccoli were first introduced to me at a stoneware party (Pampered Chef) many years ago …
….AND, they did NOT resemble anything Mexican.
But they were good.
Well, it could have been that I was starving and tired of looking at the demonstration of pizza stones in the oven!
I know my pony tail was drooping from the oven heat, as we stood around the kitchen of my friend’s house, listening to the marvels of cooking on stones.
It was a very hot summer day.
But I digress.
Ok, Ham and Swiss are about as far from Mexican ingredients as one can get.
However, I took the basic recipe of Ham and Swiss Crescent rolls and added, broccoli, another Mexican favorite? (NOT!!), …..
Spicy Brown mustard (NOT)…. and my secret ingredient….cilantro (yes) and a little cayenne (yes).
This recipe is so easy and a really quick snack or appetizer or if you want…it can be the sandwich for your soup and sandwich lunch.
You grab a tube of crescent rolls from the dairy case of your supermarket and add a few slices of deli Ham and Swiss Cheese…add in a little chopped broccoli and spicy brown mustard, chopped cilantro and a dash of cayenne pepper!
After baking add a dollop of sour Cream or Guacamole and you have a feast!
You may think the addition of Mexican cilantro and cayenne pepper, might be too spicy, but once you try it, I guarantee you will like it.
If you decide to make these little bundles…let me know how you liked them! 🙂
I was able to sit in my Secret Garden early this morning for my daily devotions and the sun was shining bright.
As I write this post, it is overcast and cloudy… the day has begun to look like early evening or late afternoon!
The wind chimes are beginning to play a little song as the Gulf breezes blow inland, bringing small droplets of fresh rain.
I really like the sounds the wind chimes make….It is a pleasant sound….they are tinkling away!
Hmmmmmm….boy could I really digress with that statement, but I will stick to the matter at hand, and that is New Mexico Ham and Swiss Bundles!
Have a great day my dear readers…..Blessings Always!
- 1 tube of Crescent Rolls
- 8 slices of Deli Ham
- 8 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 3/4 cup of chopped broccoli
- Brown Spicy Mustard
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Chopped Cilantro (optional)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Sour Cream or Guacamole (Optional)
- Remove the crescent roll dough from the tube and separate into triangles
- Let set on a cutting board while you assemble the other ingredients
- Drain cooked or uncooked (your choice...works either way) chopped broccoli
- Separate Swiss Cheese and Deli Ham to the serving size of choice
- Arrange in layers on the dough, starting with the Deli Ham, Swiss Cheese, Broccoli, Chopped Cilantro, Cayenne Pepper and topping with the Spicy Brown Mustard
- Roll from the large end of the triangle into a bundle and place on parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray...or use a lightly sprayed baking sheet
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven until the tops are golden brown and the cheese begins to ooze from the bundle
- Remove from oven and brush melted butter over the tops and serve
- You can omit the butter on the tops of the bundles...it just makes a prettier presentation and as we know...butta makes everything taste betta! 🙂
- If you want to really get daring, add a little sour cream or guacamole to the baked bundles!