My dear readers….Do you like to celebrate Cinco de Mayo?
If you have been following me, you know that I do not need an excuse to celebrate any occasion.
I love to make and entertain and well, just plain eat and I certainly don’t need any excuse to do any of that.
I have made this recipe so many times and I have used everything but the kitchen sink for the filling.
It is just that easy and adaptable to any occasion.
If you feel the same way, come sit at my table with me.
I suppose my favorite fiesta type dish is a casserole.
Yep! An Enchilada casserole to be exact and the recipe was given to me about 46 years ago when I lived in Dallas, Texas.
At the time, it was a different casserole than the usual Tuna casserole that my mother and grandmother made….this one was spicy and delicious and had tortillas and enchilada sauce.
And I still make it to this day. You can find the recipe here.
Cinco de Mayo is just a few days away and there are so many easy recipes to make it a festive day at your house.
The following recipe is so easy to make when you buy flour tortillas and cream cheese.
You can add pieces of chopped ham, onion, red and green peppers and pimento mixed with the cream cheese which gives you a colorful appetizer.
You can fill them with whatever you want—lunch meats, lettuces, vegetables—and they’re ridiculously easy to make, not to mention highly portable.
I like to make up a little guacamole, salsa and chips to a tray and add a few slices of the tortilla roll ups and you have a party.
Making these roll ups with different flavored/colored flour tortillas is even more fun and you can choose whatever filling you like.
Deli ham and julienned carrots is really nice and tasty too.
The process is the same. Have fun with it.
And if you are like me…I really don’t need any excuse to have good food and call it a party.
Have a great and Blessed Day.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat free cream cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimentos, drained
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches) at room temperature
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, salad dressing mix, jalapenos and pimentos.
- Spread over tortillas.
- Roll up tightly and wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Unwrap and cut each tortilla into eight pieces.
- Should give you about 16 servings.
- Another quick and easy appetizer. Enjoy!