Oops! That title appears to suggest that the actual cinnamon roll cake has been around for years.
Sorry, the recipe has been around for years…not the cake itself. 🙂
My dear readers….I do love cinnamon rolls and years ago, when I found this recipe for cinnamon roll cake made without yeast….well, let me just say I met a friend for life.
You can pop this cake in the oven and have the warm cinnamon roll taste for breakfast along with your coffee or in my case….green tea, in just a matter of minutes.
So today’s post is all about cinnamon rolls or cinnamon roll cake.
No Yeast Cinnamon Roll Cake ???
As I said, this recipe has been around for many years and has been known as cinnamon roll swirl cake, cinnamon roll marble cake and just plain cinnamon roll cake.
It doesn’t matter what you call it …it is delish.
And it is so easy to make.
If you prefer your cake with more cinnamon and sugar….add it…just like you do when making cinnamon rolls. You are in control of this recipe.
The cake batter is mixed up, the cinnamon filling is mixed and swirled into the cake batter, the cake is baked and then the glaze is put on…thick or thin. I have seen the glaze made with cream cheese and made thicker and that is good too.
To each his own I say.
What do you say about cinnamon roll cake?
The printable recipe is below.
Ya gotta try it….seriously!
Have a great day!
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In an electric or stand mixer add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well , slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into the prepared 9×13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- In a small bowl mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until desired consistency.
- Spread over the cake
- If you want to use cream cheese in your glaze...by all means add it. Yum!