Hello my dear readers….
As I have stated in previous posts, the Captain and I are having guests from up North over the Holiday and we are so excited.
And of course there will be plenty of food and one of the quick snack foods will most likely be these Baja Crab Appetizers.
Love Apps as they call them these days….or you can say appetizers.
As we are getting ready for the upcoming Holiday, I wanted to share with you this wonderful appetizer.
The tortillas are made extra special by cutting into star shapes but you can leave them round or any shape you like.
Then they are fried quickly in hot oil and sprinkled with salt.
Then mix together the cream cheese and lime and the crab meat and you have a wonderful appetizer that won’t last very long…they are that good. Yummy!
The neat thing is if you don’t care for crab….use any sea food you like…salmon, tuna…Or you can even use chicken salad but believe me you will absolutely love the crab salad on these wonderfully crisp flour tortillas.
You pop them in the oven with a bit of cheese and enjoy!
Try it and you will see just how delicious these are and how easy they are to make.
I also like to slice up an avocado and more lime slices,…add a bit of salsa and you have a party going on.
Enjoy your week-end and enjoy eating with family and friends.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, divided
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine salt and lime peel; set aside.
- Using a 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut eight star shapes from each tortilla. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat half of the oil. Fry tortilla stars, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Add more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels; immediately sprinkle with salt mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lime juice and 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning until blended. Fold in crab and onions. Arrange chips on ungreased baking sheets. Top with crab mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining seafood seasoning. Serve immediately.
- You can substitute any sea food....example: salmon, tuna...or whatever you like.