I know, I know….it is most likely cold and snowy where you are but I just can’t help it. I love food and I don’t care if it is summertime food or wintertime food or any season food. There is no right or wrong time to eat anything!
I remember when fashion dictated that white not be worn after Labor day….but guess what? I wear white all year long and I think most of the country agrees with me.
Which is why I am going to give you a great recipe for pea salad.
This recipe has bacon…who doesn’t love bacon? And sour cream and miracle whip and shredded cheese and red onions and of course peas. You can use frozen or canned peas and if you are making this in the spring time….perhaps you could use peas from your garden.
Some people like to put boiled eggs in their pea salad and that is ok….Or they like to put little cubes of cheese rather than shredded cheese….You can use whatever type and size of cheese you like. This recipe is pretty simple and can be tossed together in just a few minutes and that is my kind of salad.
Enjoy the rest of your day….Yep, it is getting late!
Below is the handy dandy printable recipe.
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip (you can sub with Mayonnaise)
- Salt And Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 4 cups green sweet peas, well drained if using canned...thawed if using frozen
- 7-8 slices crisp Bacon, Chopped
- 1/2 medium red or purple onion, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces, shredded cheddar or your choice of cheese (You can also use small cubes)
- Fry the bacon (allow to cool before chopping) and set aside
- Whisk the sour cream, Miracle Whip (or Mayo), salt, pepper, and vinegar together until smooth Add more salt and pepper to taste
- Gently stir the dressing into the peas. (I like to use a very large fork to not smash the peas)
- Carefully add in the onion (separate the slices), the bacon and cheese until all combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and place in the fridge to chill ...you want the flavors to meld together
- I also like to save a bit of bacon to garnish before serving