“Curiouser and Curiouser!”…..“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
This beautiful morning in sunny Florida has me hopping around like that silly white rabbit….although some of you who know me well might think I am more like the Cheshire Cat!
Do you see that sometimes I am not making much sense?
Well, that is because I have many tasks today, which is why I am writing this post before the sun is even up and about.
The Captain is “flying” and I have a list a mile long to get accomplished.
I did take the time to have my cup of hot tea and morning devotions in the quiet early morning.
Now, I am ready to go!
Oh, I promised to show you the finished dining room hutch using chalk paint…and although I will change the plates and accessories several times before the open house…this is the way it looks right now. 🙂
My “to do” list is long!
1. I have to meet the painter on Flip 4 to assure him exactly where I want which paint where. ???
2. I have to meet the General Contractor to go over the selections of granite on Flip 3….AND a small addition that was not planned for in the kitchen plan or budget. (Boy, they really get upset when I throw a new plan their way in the middle of a project!…Hmmmmmm????)
3. The pool dig is starting on Flip 3 and I need to talk to the Pool co-coordinator about the removal costs of the two tree stumps in the way of the dig….and a huge cactus that is laying prone.
I don’t see why there should be an additional charge when the huge bobcat digger guy will be digging all around…couldn’t he just throw the removal in for free? I know I am dreaming but it is worth a shot. 😉
4. I am also meeting with the movers….a lot like two men and a truck…to move more garage sale furniture from the garage of Flip 3 to the interior of Flip 4.
5. We need lawn maintenance on Flip 4….many overgrown and straggly bushes that need to be removed before the painter can paint. I need to actually show them which plants….On our rental, I left it up to the painter and he just removed e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!!! (Yes, we have a different painter now, but not just for that reason)
I am sure I have left off a few things on my list…I do have them on a clipboard, but you get the idea.
Which leads me to my choice for breakfast!
Last night I made a few Burritos on the Run and wrapped in foil to reheat and eat on my my to the work sites.
They are so easy to make and in New Mexico….these are the cat’s meow!
Did I really just say that?
See I told you today was curiouser and curiouser! 🙂
I better stop while I am ahead…..because…..
I’m late! I’m late! For a very important date! No time to say “Hello”, goodbye! I’m late! I’m late!
Sorry, I just couldn’t resist saying that!
Hugs to all this Thursday Morning…and the easy-peasy printable recipe for Burritos on the Run is below!
- 20-25 Frozen Tater Tots
- 4 whole Flour Tortillas, (large size for adding lots of "stuff")
- 3/4 cup Grated Cheese (you can use Cheddar or the Mexican blend)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Milk or Half-and-Half
- 1/2 pound Sausage
- Salt And Pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped Onion (or to your taste)
- Jalapeno Slices (I use about 4 slices from the jar for each burrito)
- 1 medium Tomato, chopped or diced
- Salsa Verde and lime slices, for serving
- Bake or fry tater tots (if you like them baked in the oven, you can warm up the tortillas at the same time by wrapping in foil to keep them soft)
- Brown sausage in a large skillet until crumbly using a fork
- In a mixing bowl, whisk up the eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper,
- In non stick skillet, spray a little cooking spray and add the egg mixture scrambling them until they're cooked to your liking. (I prefer mine a little on the dry side)
- Remove tortillas and tator tots from oven and begin to prepare the burritos.
- Add cheese, sausage, eggs and tater tots to the middle of your tortilla
- Next add chopped onion, drained jalapeno slices, and chopped tomato.
- At this point I like to add a little salsa verde but you can also use red salsa from the jar and add as a garnish with the lime slices after rolling
- Roll your tortilla and wrap tightly in aluminum foil
- These can be made ahead and reheated in the oven when ready to serve
- The good news is you can adjust ingredients to your family's preference...like 'em hotter? Add more jalapeno slices OR if you want your burritos milder...just add a little of the juice from the jar of jalapenos instead of the jalapeno slices.
- I also like to use a salsa verde....which is simply a green salsa. You can find that recipe in my files under sauces.