February Popsicyles, Icicles and Dreamsicles….well dreamsicles salad to be exact.
I thought of making the salad using strawberries and strawberry jello since it is February after all and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner….and everything (except the snow of course) is feeling all Valentine-ey!
However, after seeing all the snow in Boston and other parts of our country…I thought something summer-ey would be just the ticket.
Don’t ya just love the words I make up? Adding “-ey” to words that most likely should not have “-ey” added to them. 🙂
You would think I might be considered “hip” or something…..only, I don’t think the word “hip” is used anymore so I will push on.
Below I have a printable recipe for sugar free Dreamsicles Salad and it not only looks good…it is good.
I have also included a few decorating ideas for Valentine’s Day…I bet if you look around your home, you will find a container or two that would hold a few chocolates or Valentine Candy.
So even if you don’t decorate for this romantic holiday…you can still make it feel like Valentine’s Day…if that is your desire.
Enjoy this wonderful salad and dream of Spring and Summer!
Do you, my dear readers…. like to decorate for Valentine’s Day?
If you try this recipe, I know you won’t be disappointed in the Dreamsicles Salad!
- 1 - 3 ounce package sugar free orange jello
- 1 - 3 ounce package sugar free instant vanilla pudding
- 1 - 10 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 - 8 ounce carton of frozen whipped topping, fat-free and thawed
- 1 drop of orange food coloring (optional)
- Dissolve jello in 1 c. boiling water.
- Add 1/2 cup of cold water and mix to dissolve.
- Place jello in fridge for about 20 minutes allowing to gel a bit.
- After the 20 minutes, mix the vanilla pudding mix into the jello and beat until smooth. I use a mixer)
- Add the food coloring to the whipped topping if desired and set aside.
- Gently add in the mandarin oranges and the whipped topping to the jello/pudding mixture
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve
- You can also make a pink/red salad by using strawberry jello with strawberries Or lime green jello with Kiwi or grapes....Blueberry jello with blueberries....you get the picture. 😉
- Serving Suggestion: Serve the dreamsicles salad on a lettuce leaf for individual servings