CrockPot Dump Cake…Yum!
Fall is in the air and it is World Series Time…and this year Kansas City fans have lots to cheer about! 😉
But I digress….Lets talk about the ease of making a dump cake.
Have you heard of dump cakes?
The meaning is simple…you dump in the ingredients all at once … and Prest-O! Change-O! 3 and 1/2 hours later, you have a dessert!!!!!
There are apple dump cakes and pumpkin dump cakes….just about any kind of cake you would like…all dumped together in one crock pot.
The recipe I am sharing with you has been called pudding dump cake as well as rocky road dump cake in a crock pot.
Years ago, I found the recipe in the Southern Living magazine and it was called Rocky Road Cake in a Crock Pot.
I made the recipe and it was delicious!
I have since modified the recipe a bit and call it the CrockPot Dump Cake because you actually just dump in all the ingredients and set it and forget it for 3 1/2 hours.
The original recipe called for German Chocolate Cake Mix…but I like to use a fudge cake mix… you can use Devil’s Food or whatever your choice is.
I guarantee it will be good.
I made this a lot for our church potlucks or for Holiday potlucks at work…when I was working.
I never took any home as my crock pot was always empty at the end of the meal….sometimes sooner! 🙂
I made this a few weeks ago and the Captain and I just about ate it all by ourselves…..:(
It is that good.
Please try it if you haven’t already and let me know your thoughts!
This would make a great dessert for any Fall or Winter Holiday dessert!
And if you just happen to be watching the World Series of Baseball on this coming Tuesday evening…and you just happen to be cheering on the Kansas City Royals…This is comfort food at its best!
Go Royals! 😉
- 1 (18.25-oz.) box of Fudge cake mix
- 1 (3.9-oz.) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 (3.4-oz.) package chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or your choice of nuts)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Beat cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, butter, vanilla, and 1 1/4 cups milk and 1 1/4 cups milk at medium speed with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Pour batter into a lightly greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook the remaining 2 cups milk in a heavy non-aluminum saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or just until bubbles appear (do not boil); remove from heat.
- Sprinkle cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix over batter. Slowly pour hot milk over pudding. Cover and cook on LOW 3 1/2 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle cake with pecans, marshmallows, and chocolate chips. Let stand 15 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly melted.
- Spoon into bowls
- This cake will look like it needs to cook just a little longer, but by the time the topping is set, it's ready to serve.
- If you want this rich, great tasting dessert to taste even better? Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream when serving. 🙂