These are so good… but you have to be careful as jalapenos can burn your skin so be sure to use gloves. If you love hot and spicy then you will love this recipe. You can half the recipe or even do it in thirds…As long as you have the ingredients, you can choose the proportion of each ingredient.
Below is the printable recipe. Enjoy!
- 25 medium fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 8 ounce softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of cooked crisp bacon, crumbled
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes.
- In a large saucepan, boil peppers in water for 5-10 minutes (the longer you boil the peppers, the milder they become).
- Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls into each jalapeno half
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: About 4 dozen.
- Be sure to wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers. The seeds and membranes can burn your skin. Avoid touching your face or anything else for that matter. 😉
- An easy way to clean a pepper is to hold the pepper by the stem and use a spoon to scrape and scoop the seeds and membranes.