Red Raspberries and Cherries! What a duo!
I love the colors of these fruits together….there is something about the red bubbly raspberries and cherries that makes one want to sit down, have a cup of coffee (or tea) and enjoy a sumptuous treat!
I also have a cherry-peach pie recipe that I will be posting later… but I really like this one.
Try it and see if you agree!
- 2 cups fresh red raspberries
- 1 cup pitted red cherries
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 cps sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix the raspberries and cherries.
- Combine tapioca, sugar, and lemon juice
- Add to the fruits
- Let stand one hour to marry the fruits
- Pour the filling into 9 inch pie shell and dot with butter
- Adjust top crust and crimp the edges to seal
- Bake 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes
- It is easy to make a lattice top for your pie, but an even easier way is to roll out your crust and using either a knife or a crimped lattice cutter...cut wide strips. Place the strips on the diagonal across the top of the pie and it makes for a pretty presentation. I love the bubbly variation of reds from the fruit popping through!
- You can set this pie on your window sill and your neighbors will be over for pie and coffee! 🙂