I Love the flavors of butterscotch and chocolate and this Butterscotch Brownie recipe brings those flavors together. Easy recipe and good “go to” recipe.
I look for butterscotch morsels (chips) and buy extra and put in the freezer. I do the same with chocolate chips, cherry chips and white chocolate chips.
If you want a thin brownie, use a 9 X 13 pan, if you want a thicker brownie, use a 8 X 8 pan.
Printable recipe below!
- 1 6 ounce package of butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans but any nut will do)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Melt butterscotch chips in microwave or you can put them in a pan over boiling water.
- Add melted butter
- Add brown sugar and cool slightly
- Add eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Add flour and baking powder and salt
- Mix well
- Add chopped nuts and chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean