What is Thanksgiving without Pumpkin Pie?
Write a review
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Carnation evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional)
- MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into unbaked pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
- I suggest a blind bake for the crust to keep it from getting soggy while the Pumpkin bakes. In other words, pre-bake the pie crust (at least partially) Put some waxed paper or aluminum foil on top of the pie shell and place some dry beans to cover the bottom...this will keep the crust from puffing up.
Me and My Captain https://www.meandmycaptain.com/