Pepper Crusted Prime Rib
Prime Rib at its best
Write a review
- 1 beef rib-eye roast (4 pounds)
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Sprinkle roast with pepper; place rib side down in a small roasting pan.
- Combine onion and garlic; spread over all sides of roast.
- Combine broth and ketchup; spoon 3/4 cup over roast.
- Set remaining broth mixture aside.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Baste with pan drippings every 20 minutes, adding reserved broth mixture as needed.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Stir any remaining broth mixture into pan drippings; heat through and serve with roast.
Me and My Captain https://www.meandmycaptain.com/